Bills patriots prediction 2021


Who is predicted to win Bills vs Patriots?

ESPN: Bills have a 61.5% chance to win The site’s Football Power Index gives the Patriots a 38.5% chance to win in the NFL playoff game.

Are the Buffalo Bills good 2021?

The Bills are 5-3 at the midpoint mark of the 2021 NFL season. The team holds a half game lead over the New England Patriots (5-4) in the AFC East. Below is a compilation of power rankings from various NFL media outlets.

Are Buffalo Bills in Playoffs 2021?

Bills advance to the Divisional Round of the 2021 NFL playoffs.

What’s the spread on the Buffalo New England game?

Odds, Over/Under, MoneylineTeamSpreadTotalPatriotsBills-4.543.5Jan 16, 2022

How far did the Bills go in 2021?

2021 Buffalo Bills seasonDivision place1st AFC EastPlayoff finishWon Wild Card Playoffs (vs. Patriots) 47–17 Lost Divisional Playoffs (at Chiefs) 36–42 (OT)Pro BowlersOT Dion Dawkins WR Stefon DiggsAP All-ProsFS Jordan Poyer (1st team) SS Micah Hyde (2nd team)9 more rows

Who has the best defense in the NFL 2021?

1. Buffalo Bills (No Change)

Do the Bills have a chance for the playoffs?

9, 2022 Updated 7:50 p.m. ET. The Buffalo Bills (11-6) have clinched a playoff berth.

What happens if the Bills lose to the Patriots?

The Patriots will host a Wild Card Round game if… They win and the Bills lose. Division winners automatically host a playoff game, so the Patriots need the Bills to fall to the Jets if they want to have a home Wild Card game.

Can the Bills make the Super Bowl?

Per DraftKings SportsBook, the Buffalo Bills have the second-best odds to be the Super Bowl champs for the 2022 NFL season. The Bills are listed at +800, so a $10 bet today would net you $90 in return. The Bills are second only to the Kansas City Chiefs, who are barely ahead of Buffalo at +700.

Are the Bills favored?

The Bills are a 4.5-point favorite according to Tipico Sportsbook.

Will Bills cover spread?

In their second game with no such wind, the Bills won 33-21 to easily cover the spread (they were 1.5-point underdogs, in fact) and the 43.5-point over/under. They combined for 47 and 45 points in their two games during the 2020 season.

Who is favored to win the New England game?

The Patriots are considered slight favorites in this matchup (indicated by -105), requiring a $105 bet to win $100 (plus the initial bet back). The Cowboys are the underdog in this matchup, paying out $200 total for a $100 bet ($100 in winnings).

Buffalo seeks blueprint to force Mac Jones to throw

The Colts laid it out for Buffalo on prime time Saturday night. They successfully plugged the run and forced Jones to try and win the game through the air. While it was a valiant effort from the young quarterback, it wasn’t quite enough — and the Bills will need to do the exact same thing this weekend.

Bills vs. Patriots betting trends

The Patriots were on a seven-game win streak before they lost to the Colts this past weekend, and they’d covered the spread in every single one of those wins. While they might have lost the streak, they’re still 7-1 against the spread (ATS) in their last eight outings. They’ve also cashed the under in three of their last four.

Bills vs. Patriots prediction

I’m going to go with the Bills in a gritty revenge game this week. I can’t see how they allow Jones to throw the ball only 3 times. They’ll have done whatever it takes to figure out how to slow the run enough to force passing situations.

Mike Reiss, ESPN

Bold prediction: Patriots kicker Nick Folk leads the NFL with 31 field goals (on 34 attempts) and has made 50 straight attempts from within 50 yards, stretching back to last season.

Alaina Getzenberg, ESPN

What to watch for: While the absence of cornerback Tre’Davious White will be big for the Bills’ defense, it’s the recent trend of turning the ball over that is the key to watch when the Patriots and Bills face off. Buffalo quarterback Josh Allen has thrown seven interceptions in his past four games and lost one fumble.

Gregg Rosenthal,

This is such a fascinating matchup. The Bills embody so many of the league-wide trends from the last few years, while the Patriots embody so much of the counter measures taken by coaches to go heavy while their opponents go light, zigging while the rest of the league zags.

Pete Prisco, CBS Sports

This is the game of the week with first place in the AFC East on the line. The Patriots have won six straight games and have really impressed on defense. It will be fun to see what Bill Belichick throws at Josh Allen. The Bills looked much better last week against the Saints than they did for most of November. They continue to play well here.

Michael David Smith, Pro Football Talk

The Patriots have been the best team in the NFL for the last six weeks, and I don’t see that changing in Buffalo. New England takes a major step toward winning the AFC East.

Paul Perillo,

Defense pressures Josh Allen into a couple of mistakes to make the difference.

Mike Dussault,

A battle between two very good football teams that know each other well, it will likely come down to who makes the critical mistake at the key moment. Even when the Patriots were stacked and the Bills were headed nowhere, these contests were often close and once again that should be the case.

Buffalo Bills vs. New England Patriots Predictions

These teams just met in Week 13 on a Monday night in western New York, and it was an icy, blustering and very windy evening. The winds were so bad that the kicking game was heavily impacted, and the pass game was also affected greatly.

Buffalo Bills vs. New England Patriots Betting Conclusion

The Buffalo Bills will be without WR Cole Beasley this week, as he is on the reserve/COVID list as a non-vaccinated player. He joins notable players OL Jon Feliciano and DE A.J. Epenesa on the list.

Mike Reiss, ESPN

Bold prediction: Brrrrrr. Here’s a bold prediction: They are going to run out of hot chocolate at Highmark Stadium, with temperatures projected to be around 0 degrees. The coldest game the Patriots ever played was a 17-14 home playoff win over the Titans on Jan. 10, 2004, when it was 4 degrees with a wind chill of minus-10.

Alaina Getzenberg, ESPN

What to watch for: Can Buffalo quarterback Josh Allen put on a performance like he did in New England a few weeks ago, or will his recent accuracy issues show up? In the last two games of the regular season, Allen completed 49.3% of passes.

Gregg Rosenthal,

The recent trend lines are going the Bills’ way. Buffalo’s sneaky-good running attack — sixth on the season in yards and yards per carry — has gone to another level because Josh Allen is doing his best Cam Newton impression. The Patriots’ defense has been undisciplined and lifeless up front for a month.

Pete Prisco, CBS Sports

This is the third game featuring these two this season, with each winning on the other’s field. New England won the first meeting in a wind storm in early December, while the Bills dominated the Pats at their place in late December. The weather is expected to be cold, but not that windy. That means Josh Allen can have success throwing the football.

Mike Florio, Pro Football Talk

Bill Belichick is the master of coming up with a game plan that takes away what the opponent’s offense does best.

Michael David Smith, Pro Football Talk

The last time the Patriots went to Buffalo, they threw only three passes on their way to an improbable win. I can’t see this game unfolding like that. The Bills’ defense will be better prepared for the Patriots’ offense, and Josh Allen will have a better game as well.

Mike Dussault,

Despite limping down the stretch and potentially losing one of their only remaining outside cornerbacks to the COVID list this week, the Patriots should leave it all on the field on Saturday night and give the Bills the kind of tough, competitive game that we haven’t seen from them in over a month.

Three Things to Watch

1. Intangibles
The Bills have alternated road and home games since Week 10, so they should be in a good spot for this one. Buffalo closes out the year with home tilts against the Falcons and Jets, so if it can get this victory, there’s a chance to close out with four straight victories.

Final Analysis

It’s a huge game in New England in December, and it’s really hard to pick against the home team. Yes, the Bills marched into Foxboro last year and got the win, but this year’s team just doesn’t have the same mystique that squad did.

Share this article

The 2021 Buffalo Bills season is upon us. Here is Bills Wire ‘s game-by-game predictions for the schedule ahead:

Week 1: Bills vs. Steelers

The Bills have clicked along on offense throughout the preseason and while we’re still left with some questions on defense, Buffalo should have plenty to get by the Steelers. Pittsburgh is in the midst of adjusting their identity.

Week 2: Bills at Dolphins

We’re still not ready to think the Dolphins have caught up to the Bills just yet. Early in the year, especially. They’ve caught up, but still need some time.

Week 3: Bills vs. Football Team

Head coach Ron Rivera of the Washington Football Team. (Photo by Nic Antaya/Getty Images)

Week 4: Bills vs. Texans

Tyrod Taylor is going to start under center for the Texans… a team that is clearly in a full-blown rebuild. The Bills pick up another win here.

Week 8: Bills vs. Dolphins

Dolphins quarterback Tua Tagovailoa. Credit: Mark Konezny-USA TODAY Sports

Week 9: Bills at Jaguars

Clemson quarterback Trevor Lawrence credit: Logan Bowles/NFL Handout photo via USA TODAY Network


Leave a Comment