Ucla v alabama prediction


What is the Spread on UCLA vs Alabama?

As of 7:55 p.m. CT on Wednesday, UCLA is a 35.5-point favorite against Alabama State, according to Tipico Sportsbook. The over/under is 146.5 points.

What is the spread on the UCLA game?

UCLA vs. Akron spread: Bruins -13.5. UCLA vs. Akron over-under: 128.5 points.

Who will win UCLA or UNC?

Caesars Sportsbook lists the Bruins as 2.5-point favorites in the latest UCLA vs. North Carolina odds. The total for points scored is listed at 142.

Did UCLA make it to the Sweet 16?

UCLA’s March Madness run ends in heartbreaking Sweet 16 loss to North Carolina. UCLA guard Jules Bernard, and guard Russell Stong IV hug after the Bruins’ 73-66 loss to North Carolina in the Sweet 16 of the NCAA tournament on Friday.

Why Alabama can cover

Senior guard John Petty Jr. poured in 20 points and grabbed six rebounds in Monday’s Round of 32 victory over Maryland. He has scored 20 or more points in five games. For the season, Petty is averaging 12.5 points, 5.2 rebounds, 1.9 assists and 1.3 steals per game.

Why UCLA can cover

The Bruins have six players averaging in double figures, including junior guard Jules Bernard, who is averaging 10.4 points, five rebounds and 1.6 assists per game. He scored a career-high 23 points at Oregon on March 3, making a career-high 10 shots and was 3-of-5 from 3-point range.

How to make Alabama vs. UCLA picks

The model is leaning over on the total, projecting the teams to combine for 149 points. It also says one side of the spread hits almost 60 percent of the time. You can only see the pick at SportsLine.

NJ.com: Alabama will end UCLA’s run

Sam Wilkins writes: “It’s fair to say that UCLA probably weren’t expecting to make the Sweet 16 stage when the March Madness bracket was finalised, however they have done well to reach this far.

College Football News: Alabama 80, UCLA 73

Pete Fiutak writes: “Alabama is too solid in too many phases. The defense is strong enough inside and out to keep UCLA from grinding for points like it’s been doing through the tournament, the offense is too explosive on the outside and stronger at moving the ball around, and the threes will be there in the second half to push on.”

ESPN: Alabama a big favorite against UCLA

The site’s Basketball Power Index gives Alabama a 72.6% chance to pick up the victory and UCLA a 27.4% chance to get the win.

Sports Betting Dime: Take Alabama to cover against UCLA

Jack Magruder writes: “Both teams are on a bit of an ATS roll. The Tide have covered five of their last seven and UCLA has covered three of four. Alabama scores in bunches, and it has the look of a team very capable of the Final Four.”

Sports Chat Place: Go with UCLA (and the points) against Alabama

Randy Chambers writes: “The Bruins are 10-4 ATS in their last 14 Sunday games and 4-1 ATS in their last 5 games overall. The Crimson Tide are 2-5-1 ATS in their last 8 Sunday games and 5-2 ATS in their last 7 games overall. The under is 5-1 in Bruins last 6 NCAA Tournament games. The over is 6-0 in Crimson Tide last 6 Sunday games.

Covers.com: Alabama will cover against UCLA

Jason Logan writes: “Nate Oats’ breakneck offense is a stark contrast to that of UCLA, sitting 10th in tempo and firing up shots just 14 seconds into their offensive sets.

Money line (ML)

AVOID. Backing ‘Bama (-240) will cost 2.4 times your potential profit, which is not worth the risk.

Against the spread (ATS)

UCLA +7 (- 110) is the STRONGEST PLAY – 1½ times your usual wager. Excluding SEC runner-up and Sweet 16 team Arkansas, UCLA will be the toughest opponent Alabama will have faced up to this point.

Alabama key players

Senior forward Herb Jones is the Crimson Tide’s leader. He averages 11.3 ppg. and 6.5 rpg. Alabama has three guards who average double-digit points in Jaden Shackelford (14.3), John Petty (12.5) and Jahvon Quinerly (12.7). The Crimson Tide have eight players who average at least five points per game.

UCLA key players

Guards Johnny Juzang and Jaime Jaquez have carried the scoring load for the Bruins through the tournament. Juzang was the Bruins’ leading scorer in the regular season, and he averages 22.3 points per game in the tournament. Jaquez averages 16.7 in the tournament, and that combination has kept UCLA rolling.

Best individual matchup: Herb Jones vs. Cody Riley

Jones impacts the game beyond his scoring. He has at least six rebounds in every game through Alabama’s winning streak, but he will need to be more involved in the offense after taking just four shots in the second-round victory against Maryland.

Alabama vs. UCLA stat to know

Both teams have shot the ball well from 3-point range in the tournament. UCLA is 24 of 56 (42.9 percent) in three games. Alabama is 21 of 47 (44.7%) in two games. Both teams also have defended the 3-point line well. The Crimson Tide’s opponents are 15 of 50 (30 percent) in those two games, and the Bruins’ opponents are 13 of 51 (25.5 percent).

Alabama vs. UCLA prediction

UCLA poses an interesting challenge for Alabama, especially if Juzang and Jaquez stay hot. The Crimson Tide still match up well on the perimeter, however, and Jones will look for his shot a little more in this matchup.

UCLA vs. Alabama Predictions

The Alabama Crimson Tide have been set as a solid favorite (-6.5) over the UCLA Bruins for Sunday’s third Sweet 16 matchup of the day.

Betting Stats & Analysis – UCLA

UCLA closed as a 5.5-point favorite in its most recent tournament win against Abilene Christian in a 67-47 romp.

Betting Stats & Analysis – Alabama

Alabama opened this tournament with a 68-55 victory against Iowa but it could not cover the hefty 17-point spread. The total stayed UNDER 147 points.

Key Players to Watch

Guard Johnny Juzang has been the team’s leading scorer this season with 15.1 points per game. With 17 points in Monday’s win, he has now eclipsed that average in all three NCAA Tournament games. Forward Cody Riley added another 12 points in that game.

UCLA vs Alabama Preview

The Bruins (20-9) last appeared in the Sweet 16 in 2017. Under second-year head coach Mick Cronin, the Bruins have started playing their best basketball at the right time, as they are one of four Pac-12 teams remaining in the tournament.

UCLA vs Alabama Prediction

The Bruins are an interesting matchup for Alabama if the duo of Juzang and Jaquez can play well again. The Crimson Tide still match up well on the perimeter, and Jones should look for his shot and exploit mismatches a little more in this game.


Alabama vs. UCLA Odds

Three Betting Trends to Watch

Alabama Key Players

UCLA Key Players

Best Individual Matchup: Herb Jones vs. Cody Riley

Alabama vs. UCLA Stat to Know

Get to Know … Jahvon Quinerly

Alabama vs. UCLA Prediction

  • UCLA poses an interesting challenge for Alabama, especially if Juzang and Jaquez stay hot. The Crimson Tide still match up well on the perimeter, however, and Jones will look for his shot a little more in this matchup. The Bruins can steal this game if they stay hot from 3-point range, but we still like the Crimson Tide to pull through to the Elite…

See more on sportingnews.com

Leave a Comment